Play allows us to develop various skills and abilities during their dynamics. These are some of the benefits of playing role-playing games.
At last came the day where friends meet at the usual time in the usual place. One by one they arrive and the table of playmates that throughout the week have eagerly awaited appointment that is completed there. The books, dice, pencils and papers (and the necessary drinks) are ready to play. The master of the game begins and many adventures, laughter, surprise, discomfort, imaginations, chances are given place in the table
Anyone who has ever played games role can be perfect idea of lines described above; and remember the disbelief of many (or few other attack) about how great they can be. As always, it is attacked it is not known , is that RPGs are as funny as beneficial for their players. So it is a good time to list some of these profits that give us RPGs. If any are missing, type in comments to supplement.
1. RPGs increase creativity . Firstly, any RPG is itself the same for all players since it depends on who takes the game and this gives rise to invented many things along the way. Secondly, all the time scenarios and scenes of the game are created, that is that we become writers, directors, narrators and adopt the position that we children was common: “Let’s play that …” or “what if … “
2. Strengthens the language and communication skills . With so many comings and goings in the game, with stories and scenes that we describe, it is necessary to present these facts in a pleasant, entertaining, to increase the suspense and excitement. Thus, the game we requires to expand our vocabulary as well as keep in touch with those other players who do better than us and learn from what we heard when they intervene.
3. Strengthens social skills . If there is something important of gamification is such benefits that happen without us noticing , and is that, in general, the games teach us to live, to give the turn, listening, speaking, refute, be assertive; in RPG this is the basis of a good group game. For introverts, RPGs, develop links, talking in front of others, they have the opportunity to show their skills and be recognized for it. Finally, RPGs are beneficial for introverts ( true story ).
4. It teaches us about problem solving and increases the capacity for analysis. Well, this is two points but are closely linked. With RPGs we face many problems we have to solve and this is only achieved in a good way if we analyze all situations and possibilities. How many times a decision has cost us for months or years the performance of a character or the game?
5. Fosters teamwork Also, while caring for our performance is important, there is something of greater value in RPGs. The ability of players to work in teams. That is, to recognize that the union of the skills and experience of all is a much more powerful and great to gain personally capacity; which is practically impossible in RPGs.
6. Build lasting friendships. This is not only in the role play but in real life, of course. Friends who gather companions become life itself. I’ve met people from playing together end up as the best mates in real life, with a single link: the game. And, the best company is that it encourages you to play, to have fun, to build, to create memories and laughter.
7. Develop your ability to documentation and management Do not believe it if I had not seen. The most clueless person in the world and disperses learned to manage information and keep her from playing RPGs. He understood that document is better than relying on the unreliable mind when he brought his experience to his work, his life changed. No, I do not speak of my …
8. Encourages spatial and mathematical thinking. Make maps and routes, calculate, imagine themselves every step of RPGs it requires us to develop these important areas. We can say that games in general support us in this regard.
9. Reading and listening comprehension. When the person wearing the game makes his stories, tells situations, scenes, or, what is behind that door we decided to tear down, he has to read or invent, recount; then the whole table is developing reading and listening comprehension, the latter much needed in adult life and often undervalued the advice of exercising in this regard.
10. Decision-making capacity. As I said, we break down the door now what? Sometimes a wave of events that can not stop and we ended has been terribly injured or embezzled. Other times, we find riches and treasures, allies and medicine. Knowing making decisions becomes important part of RPGs, could say that the heart of the dynamics lies in this, as well as the ability to recognize the effects of those decisions and learn from it.
So, these are just some of the benefits that I personally have found to sit and play RPGs. I must add that not an RPG pointed in particular because the range is wide. And you, what benefits have you found to play?
July 21, 2015