Milk Curiosities

Every day we consume milk and we don’t know very well, why we like it so much and why it doesn’t do so much good; much has been speculated about its benefits for muscles and bones.

Every day we consume milk and we don't know very well, why we like it so much and why it doesn't do so much good; mu...

Milk Curiosities

According to a study conducted at the University of Kansas Medical Center, it has been determined that milk possesses high levels of glutathione, which is one of the most comprehensive natural antioxidants, which has huge benefits for the brains of older adults, because helps prevent oxidative stress, related to diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s.

Oatmeal-based recipes Perhaps most convenient, before presenting s...
The world’s rarest pets The diversity of human tastes, beliefs and o...
The sexiest kisses among famous women Celebrities seem to take their role seriousl...

Antioxidants are paramount to our health, because they form a natural defense system to fight many diseases.

The goodness of milk

Milk is highly beneficial to the skin, and this has been known since ancient times. Our ancestors consumed it to preserve the skin’s laziness, but today, it has been used a lot in cosmetics, not for consuming it, but for applying it directly to the skin.

80% of milk composition is water and the remaining 20% is lactose, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and mineral salts. 90% of dairy products worldwide are made from cow’s milk.

Milk cartons were invented in 1964; it used to be sold in glass bottles. When the milk is boiled, it spills and foams due to the large amount of protein it contains. The udders of a cow can store up to 20 liters of pure milk.

Dairy intolerance diseases

Pasteurization is a process that emerged in Europe, following an outbreak of tuberculosis. This process involves subjecting the milk to high temperatures, for a short time, and then cooling it quickly and thus destroying the microorganisms, without altering the composition and qualities of the liquid.

Many scientists say cow’s milk is harmful to humans, but not enough evidence has yet been obtained to sustain it. 30% of the population suffer from lactose intolerance, which is a sugar present in mammalian milk.

Image source: pixabay.com

Symbology Named Eight of Pentacles, this card ranks eighth after the Tar...

Symbology Named after Six of Swords, this card comes to occupy the sixth...

Perhaps one of the times when culinary diversity becomes more apparent is ...

Birthday is for many people the most special date that can happen every ye...

Bibliography ►
Phoneia.com (August 28, 2019). Milk Curiosities. Recovered from https://phoneia.com/en/curiosities/milk-curiosities/

About the author


This article was published by Phoneia, originally published in and titled "Milk Curiosities", along with 18987 other articles. It is an honor for me to have you visit me and read my other writings.