- Best Casino Games For Android
Since online casinos have improved over the last few years, the mobile versions of your favorit...
Anda that has not brought advantages to the WiFi electronic devices: to have the option to access the Internet without wires, and without spending data rates may apply, is extremely helpful in many situations, such as when we travel abroad or we need the mobile data to expire. And also it is extremely handy at home, thanks to Wi-fi networks home, we can create our own access point sharing and Internet access to all connected devices. For this reason, it is essential that no strain no one in our plans.
Have to activate a WiFi network involves lifting a door for anyone to sneak away from the Internet the files that we have on a connected computer. It is essential to keep certain safety standards, such as change the password frequently, turn off the WPS and to ensure that the scope of the network is possible within the home, but will never be 100 % safe. So, having an alarm against intruders in the Wi-fi is a very good idea.
How to detect who robs us of the WiFi? it is usual to go checking the connected devices, to compare with the MAC addresses of our devices and see which of them does not correspond with the known addresses. It is a very tedious process. And you can save money with RedBox – Network Scanner.
Multiple network tools in one app
The application of which you speak is of recent creation (you can check to see how it evolves in this thread of XDA Developers). Offers a full manager networks and allows a multitude of actions; as you discover all the parameters of a WiFi network, see the information of the connected devices, check the latency of the connections, or, what most interests us, detect potential intruders in the network. And you can do so at the time, something very practical to take action.
As we said, RedBox uses the MAC addresses (can also detect intruders by IP address, and use both values in the detection, MAC, and IP) to find new devices connected in the WiFi. The way to do this is very simple: once you have traced our website, and chosen the mobile phones, computers and other accessories of our property, RedBox will monitor the connected devices in search of one that is not registered as our. Occur the application will throw an alert so we can lock it and take other measures, such as strengthening the key of the WiFi.
The way to enable the detection of intruders is the following:
- Opens RedBox – Network Scanner and go to the section ‘Intruder detector’.
- Click on ‘New detector’ to scan your network and mark the connected devices as authorized.
- Type the name of the intruder (you can put anything you want), choose the mode of detection (MAC Address is already fine) and you select a scan time (the shorter the faster it will detect intruders, but that will spend on average larger the mobile phone’s battery).
- press ‘Create’ and the application will monitor your network in search of those that will steal the WiFi. In the case of detected MAC addresses to strange will alert you with a notification. And the list will appear in the option ‘My detectors’.
- Please note that there will be devices from your property that can result in a false positive: make sure that all your MAC addresses are authorized in the application.
RedBox – Network Scanner it has seemed to us a very practical, both for those who want to know more details of your WiFi network as well as for those who do not want intruders in the network. The app is free, it does contain some ads (that allow you to perform scans), he asks the logical permissions of access to networks and need access to the location to determine the SSID and BSSID of the network.
RedBox – Network Scanner
The news Detects intruders in your WiFi network with this Android application was originally published in Xataka Android by Ivan Linares .
January 31, 2020
- ← This robot carries food to the infected by coronavirus to avoid spreading the epidemic
- GAME will sell the exclusive new figures ‘SD’ of Rainbow Six Siege →