A Song of Ice and Fire would not only be a trilogy (called Game of Thrones), but also a lot has changed since history began writing Martin.
Game of Thrones has become quickly in one of the most successful television series in history, and many of us are anxious for the arrival of your fifth season. But you did not know, the HBO series is an adaptation ( and a very good ) of a series of novels called A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George RR Martin, currently has five books and whose fans are also waiting sixth book due out in 2016
But originally, A Song of Ice and Fire was a trilogy, and actually called as the TV series. Game of Thrones. Variety reported the discovery of the hand of many other details, and how it has changed the story that had Martin in mind since 1993.
And that over 20 years the author was sending a letter to the editor commenting on this “trilogy of fantasy novels with a magnificent universe” that had happened to him, and take the name of Game of Thrones, hoping he liked the idea. Two decades later, we find many details changed.
Then I will mention a few, but very carefully, that spoilers abound on what could be and eventually changed including characters who originally died, or who died later in the story. The reality is that much has changed, but some of these things can still happen.
What could be, and it was not ( spoilers )
Some things changed between the original drafts of Martin and what ultimately was published as A Song of Ice and Fire, from 1996 when she released her first film, A Game of Thrones. Some examples are:
- Ned Stark was convicted of treason exactly as we already know (he discovered the murder of Jon Arryn and saw the death of his friend Robert Baratheon, before being beheaded). However, Ned would not die before helping his wife Catelyn and her daughter Arya escape from King’s Landing
- Sansa Stark Joffrey originally married and had his son (and heir). From the poor Sansa
- Joffrey originally faced in the battlefield to Robb Stark was saved. Robb, of course, defeats him, and Jaime Lannister who comes to save his nephew ( or child ) and kills Robb, the heir of Ned Stark and “King in the North”. The famous red wedding, never actually happened in the original books
- Daenerys to Khal Drogo did not love actually kills him in revenge for killing his brother (this never would have expected)
- Both Jon Snow ( which never knows anything ) as Tyrion Lannister they fall in love with Arya Stark. You can still happen … right?
Have been many changes experienced Westeros between the original trilogy and books that were eventually published, but either way, the work of Martin It is great, and we look forward to see how it continues both in the books and the series during the fourth season began to take its own course.
Phoneia.com (February 6, 2015). Game of Thrones originally going to be a trilogy of novels. Recovered from https://phoneia.com/en/game-of-thrones-originally-going-to-be-a-trilogy-of-novels/