Google wants the user to be able to configure all the notifications of applications to quickly and easily both from the notification bar as well as from the system settings, without having to be looking for within each application, how they are configured.
Until Android 7.1 Nougat, the user from the system settings could only mute all notifications from an application, it could not discriminate which type of notification to receive, thing that Android 8.0 Oreo is solved with these channels of notification or To do so launched the channel configuration, or categories of notification.
Now developers will have to categorize each of the notificacione that you can launch your applications, so that the user can decide which notifications you want to receive. For example, to receive notifications and alerts from the traffic but not to receive news from Maps.
Configure notifications in Android 8.0 Oreo is very simple. And we can do it with a long press on the notification, or from the **application Information > application Notifications.
From the notification itself, we can disable the type of notification that we have received directly to the switch that shows or have access to all the categories by clicking on More settings.
In the apps that support the channels of notification we will see that we can disable the different categories of notifications generated by the selected application. By touching the switch we will no longer receive more notifications of that type. There also can disable the reporting point.
If you click on the name of a category you can configure:
- Urgent: the sound and display on the screen.
- High: produce a sound.
- Medium: No sound.
- Low: Without the sound or interruption visual.
- Sound: Tone we want it to sound.
- Vibrate: we want to vibrate the phone.
- Show point of notice: Display the icon of the application a point to let us know that you have notifications.
- flashing Light: to Turn on the LED notifications.
- On the lock screen:
- Show all the content.
- Hide notifications for sensitive (text messages).
- do Not show notifications.
- focus on: Not to block notifications when do Not disturb is enabled.
In applications that do not support the categories of notification you will find less options available for their adjustments.
In Xataka Android | How to remove the annoying notifications permanent Android 8.0 Oreo
The news How to configure notifications in Android 8.0 Oreo was originally published in Xataka Android by Cosmos .
October 24, 2017
- ← O Youtube está a cooperar com o Governo e as ONG para combater o discurso de ódio nos jovens
- Come configurare le notifiche in Android 8.0 Oreo →