There are several reasons for wanting to restore data factory of a device. The first of them is because you’re going to sell it and you want that the new owner will get restarted. The second reason is that it has started to give performance issues.
If you have a Chromecast and want to start from the beginning with its configuration as if the acabases out of its box we will explain to you what you have to do to restart factory.
How to troubleshoot problems connecting a Chromecast
Reset to the factory state of your Chromecast
There are two methods for factory data reset of your Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast Audio. You can reset factory your device from the Google Home or from the device itself. The steps to follow are the following:
- From the application Google Home:
- In the tab House, tap on the icon for the Chromecast you want to restore.
- Tap on the gear icon that appears in the top right to access the device Settings.
- Tap on Menu > Reset to factory state.
- Confirm that you want to reset the factory data.
- From the device Chromecast: With the device powered on and connected to the TV, the holding down the button the Chromecast until the LED light begins to blink. The device will no longer issue image of the TV and will begin with the restart coming back to ask for the configuration.
All about Chromecast: first steps, tips, tricks and applications to squeeze it to the max
The news How to restore the factory data reset of your Chromecast was originally published in Xataka Android by Cosmos.
Phoneia.com (November 8, 2018). How to restore the factory data reset of your Chromecast. Recovered from https://phoneia.com/en/how-to-restore-the-factory-data-reset-of-your-chromecast/