- A young actor virtually unknown to the general public, will take the baton from Will Smith.
- Usher, 23, known especially for his role in Starz series ‘Survivor’s Remorse’.
- For now it is unknown whether Smith will appear in the new film.
Jessie Usher, a young actor virtually unknown to the general public, will take the baton from Will Smith to star in the second part of ‘Independence Day ‘, Tuesday reported the online edition of The Hollywood Reporter.
Usher, 23, best known for her role in the series of Starz ‘ Survivor’s Remorse ‘, play the son of Smith in this project.
‘Independence Day’ (1996), a science fiction film that recreated the invasion of Earth by aliens, raised more than 800 000 000 dollars worldwide with Smith as the hero of the story.
The director of the film, Roland Emmerich , will be behind the camera for this continuation whose release date is scheduled for June 2016. For now it is unknown whether Smith will appear in the new movie.
Dean Devlin, Harold Kloser and Emmerich himself will be the film’s producers. The three hope the tape serve as a springboard for Usher as it was at the time to Smith, whose role in ‘Independence Day’ helped him become one of the biggest stars of Hollywood.
The number of LeBron James
In ‘Survivor’s Remorse’, produced by the NBA player LeBron James, Usher plays Cam Calloway , a basketball player moving to Atlanta with his family after signing a professional contract.
The first season of the series premiered in October and Starz has already renewed for a second, which will begin airing later this year.
Usher’s portfolio includes the premiere of American football drama “When the Game Stands Tall” which hit theaters in August
March 4, 2015
- ← Quanto male è lasciare il computer acceso durante la notte?
- Atualizado: MWC 2015: notícias e comentários do maior show telefone do ano →