Google has updated its definition document compatibility (Compatibility Definition Document) that specifies clearly what should and what should not make the manufacturers to achieve certification compatible with Android, in this case, Android 7.1. This document includes sections specific as to what functions need a device (for example, a mobile phone must have touch screen and microphone) until sections more specific about to what extent they can modify the functioning of the system Android.
This latest update for the compatibility document does not include many novelties of what we already knew, with the exception of exercise a greater control over notifications Android. For a mobile device is certified as compatible with Android 7.1 needs to support the function of update, delete, respond to, and group notifications.
Unification in notifications
One of the changes Android Nougat 7.0 it is precisely in the notifications, that includes a new mini quick settings, notifications grouped, the new settings of the notifications and, of course, the rapid response. Google now does not want that to happen with these novelties the same as with other developments of Android in the past: that the manufacturer of turn do not pass them by creating your own version.
The notifications in Android are one of the most important sections of the operating system so that it is common for each developer to try to give some twist to give it some added value, or stand out from the rest, and Google wants to set boundaries for you not to miss the user experience introduced in Nougat. Specifically, the document establishes the following standards for mobile devices:
- Must be able to withstand the function of update, delete, respond to, and grouping notifications as described in this section.
- Must be able to manage notifications directly from the notification window.
- Must be able to open the control panel directly from the notifications panel.
- Should be able to block, mute, and reset the preference of notifications for an application, both from the notification itself, as well as from the settings.
This does not necessarily mean here that we have Nougat in the majority of the devices (which will take your thing) all the panels of notifications of all Android phones are going to be identical, but that, within what we each want to develop, you should be able to do the above. From there, each manufacturer is free to add what you want (but not remove).
Via | Android Police
In Xataka Android | Android 7.0 Nougat is already here, do you want to know all the new features?
The news The manufacturers should respect the functioning of the notifications of Android Nougat was originally published in Xataka Android by Ivan Ramirez .
January 12, 2017
- ← Sim, a internet é lenta: Austrália classificado em 50º do mundo para a ” velocidade da net
- Mais recente Gboard atualização promete corrigir problemas de lag →