- Freeman, 77, will play Ildarin, the man who taught the slave Ben-Hur to become a champion chariot races.
- The shooting of the film, directed by Timur Bekmambetov ( Wanted ), is expected to start early next year in Europe.
- Tom Hiddleston, the iconic ‘Loki’ Marvel films could be made with one of the two lead roles. Ben-Hur and Messala his friend
Freeman, 77, give life to Ildarin, the man who teaches the slave Ben-Hur to become a champion of the chariot races.
The shooting of the film, directed by Timur Bekmambetov ( Wanted ), is expected to start early next year in Europe.
The studios are near close the names of the actors that embody the protagonist and his great enemy, Messala . According to the publication, have contacted the British Hiddleston (the iconic ‘Loki’ in Marvel films) to offer one of those roles.
The film hit theaters in February 2016 with screenplay by Keith Clarke ( The Way Back ) reviewed by John Ridley ( 12 years of slavery ) and based on the novel by Lew Wallace Ben-Hur: A Tale Of The Christ , published in 1880.
“At the moment I can only say that will be epic and deeply moving “, producer of this Roma Downey said in May remake of the William Wyler monumental tape winning 11 Oscars.
That film was played by Charlton Heston in his most memorable role, that of a Jewish aristocrat who suffers betrayal a friend of Roman .
“Obviously, some people wonder why we will playing a beloved and successful movie, but there are generations who do not know history. And the visual effects of today allow us to shoot it way unimaginable 50 years ago, “said Downey.
The film will be more faithful to the novel Wallace approach and focus on the nature of faith through the relationship between Ben-Hur and Messala, friends since childhood and as adults faced in Jesus of Nazareth.
September 12, 2014
- ← La storia del Galaxy Note in tutta la gamma infografica
- The history of the Galaxy Note in full infographic range →