- Xbox Series X will have 12 teraflops, nearly triple the number of PS4 Pro and double that of Xbox One X
Phil Spencer gives new details of Xbox Series X, the console next-gen Microsoft that will exceed widely the power of PS4...
We continue to show the differences and the evolution seen in Android since its first beta on November 5, 2007 to the current version, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
As we have seen, not everything is good in the impressive growth of Android to create a highly fragmented between phones with the same operating system but with a really tight schedule and rushed releases changing much of its operation in each of the new releases that adversely affect application compatibility between the two versions and this problem got worse with the versions that we would see from Android 2.0 Eclair.
Android 2.2. X Froyo
Android 2.2 Froyo, Android 2.0 as incorporated a large number of new features and improvements in the system Android OS aimed at both improving regarding user experience and improved speed , features, options and performance Android phones.
The launch of this version came with a big surprise to the world of Android at launch also the first Nexus device with the HTC Nexus One , the first terminal would include Android 2.2 Froyo version serial.
This version was released on May 20, 2010 in the second keynote of Google I / O in the same year and had the following news and features about the versions Previous:
style=”line-height: 13px;”> speed optimizations, memory and system performance.
Android Froyo version there were three minor security updates and enhancements that were released 2.2.1 version on January 18, 2011, the published 2.2.2 January 22, 2011 and published 2.2.3 November 21, 2011.
Android 2.3.x Gingerbread
The December 6, 2010 is presented the new version of Android with Gingerbread or 2.3 and the second terminal alongside Google Nexus the manufacturer Samsung, the Nexus S . Changelog .
On the other hand, the version Gingerbread is the most subversions that has had on all Android releases both small improvements or correction of errors as large upgrades from 2.3.3 to 2.3.7
- New download manager . Users access a fast and simple way to any file that is downloaded via the browser, email or another application.
- Support for video playback Google for video codec WebM/VP8 and AAC audio codec.
- Native support for more sensors (such as gyroscope and barometer)
- Improved user interface improvements speed and agility .
- Support screen sizes and resolutions extra-large (WXGA and above).
- audio enhancements, plotting and input for game development.
- Change from YAFFS to ext4 on new handsets.
- Improved Power Management improve the autonomy of the terminal.
- Support multiple cameras , for example front camera allowing video conferencing.
- support Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Improved copy and paste option to allow select a word by holding down on it.
- Native support for SIP VoIP internet telephony .
- Increased speed and accuracy of text input virtual keyboard with suggestions of words and ability to insert words per voice.
- Improved sound and ability to add equalizer and improved bass.
Version 2.3.3 was released on February 9, 2011 with several enhancements and fixes API.
Version 2.3.4 was released on April 28, 2011 incorporating the possibility of transferring voice and video to Google Talk and adding the Open Accessory library that was Available in version 3.1
The 2.3.5 was released on July 25, 2011 with system enhancements, improved network performance of Nexus S 4G, solution to a bug in the bluetooth Samsung Galaxy S, improved email application, animation when moving between lists, improved camera and improved battery life.
The 2.3.6 was released on September 2 in which we solved an error in voice search and finally the 2.3.7 added support for Google Wallet on 21 March.
Android 3.x Honeycomb
The Android 3.X Honeycomb also called was specific Android tablets but later both Android smartphones to tablets would merge with version 4.0. It was released on February 22, 2011 along with Motorola Tablet, Motorola Xoom and counted with 6 subversions with different changes and bug fixes.Features of Android 3.X Honeycomb included:
style=”line-height: 13px;”> oriented support and interface for use in tablets .
May 10, 2011 would launch an update to version 3.1 which added improvements also focus exclusively on Honeycomb tablets as:
style=”line-height: 13px;”> smoothing Improvement and user interface.
would shortly with further improvements and adding new features on July 15, 2011:
- hardware support enhancements expand the ability to install the operating system on tablets from other manufacturers or architectures.
- It added the ability for applications could access the SD card with the possibility of synchronization of data or files therein encontrasen.
- compatibility for applications that were not designed specifically for tablets.
- New display support functions and ease developers to simulate the screen and design applications for tablets.
3.2.1 version came out as a minor update to the September 20, 2011 with bug fixes and improvements in system stability , update from Android Market and Google Books, improvement in the use of Adobe Flash and improvements in the prediction of writing.
3.2.2 was another small update to fix reported bugs and minor enhancements for the Motorola Xoom 4G while 3.2.4 added the “Pay as You Go” for 3G and 4G tablets and 3.2.6 was released early last year to fix some bugs from Motorola Xoom 4G connectivity.
Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich
The Ice Cream Sandwich was another huge update and Android makeover. It was released on October 16, 2011 and the source code released November 14, 2011 and introduced several improvements that were seen in Honeycomb but this time not only tablets but also for mobile phones . With his release also came into the third Google Nexus terminal and again went with Samsung with the Galaxy Nexus as the first handset to carry the new version of Android.What’s New:
- style=”line-height: 13px;”> touch buttons that appeared in Honeycomb for smartphones were also incorporated.
- Separation of Widgets and Applications in the list of applications.
- unifying different applications into a same desk space .
- Gallery redesigned and segmented by photos, locations and people .
- Support for Google image format, WebP .
- Accelerated UI using hardware .
- WiFi Direct
- enhanced with the option to accelerate or slow down voicemail messages (for Google Voice)
- Add pinch-to-zoom in the native calendar.
- 1080p video recording for android serial devices
- Android Beam that can transmit an NFC device to another files, pictures or videos from YouTube.
- Update Contacts with social integration as states or high resolution images.
- New font for the user interface, Roboto .
- integrated photo editor .
- Application of improved camera no delay in the shutter, the time lapse settings, panorama mode and the ability to zoom while recording.
- native Screenshot without using third-party applications or rooting the terminal.
- Improved prediction and correction Keyboard text.
- access applications or widgets from the same phone lock screen.
- manual Close running applications in the background.
- function Improved copy and paste text.
- Improved voice recognition and text dictation.
- by Google Chrome and sync bookmarks possibility with desktop Chrome.
- and monitoring data consumed as well as the possibility of blocking them after reaching the limit.
Recognition and unlock
Replacing the native browser
November 29 release a small update to resolve an issue with Galaxy Verizon Nexus with version 4.0.2.
December 16 will release a 4.0.3 update with several enhancements and improved system performance and resolution of errors. Also the graphics, calendar, camera, database, spell checking and receive Bluetooth functionality improvements in performance and function.In addition to this version would be launched new APIs for developers in which, included among other possibilities to incorporate and take advantage of new social capabilities existing in the new Contacts application.
The latest update to receive Ice Cream Sandwich would be the March 29, 2012 with the 4.0.4 that facilitated a number of improvements and bug fixes to increase the performance of the camera, the fluidity of rotation of the screen and phone number recognition.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) was presented at the Google I / O on June 27, 2012 and its main objective was promote and enhance the functionality, performance fluency and Android user interface Thanks to “ Project Butter “in which they joined the advance touch, triple buffering, vsync latency widespread and increasing the frame rate of 60 frames per second creating a dramatic improvement in the fluidity of the interface compared to Ice Cream Sandwich.
The first device to run Jelly Bean was the Nexus 7 , the first tablet in the Nexus family and manufactured by Asus launched July 13, 2012.
Among the new features we found the following:
Exponential improvement style=”line-height: 13px;”> fluidity in the UI .
Along with the 4.1
threw two small updates that were solventaba 4.1.1 that the problem screen rotation Nexus 7 in certain applications and expand allowing widgets 4.1.2 using a single finger rotation support in the main screen and were resolved a number of problems.
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Presentation of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean was the most bizarre of all. It had to be presented at an event on October 9, 2012 in New York but the onslaught of Hurricane Sandy this was caused canceled to the disappointment of half the world. However, far from delaying or broadcast it live event, Google announced the new version via a press release under the slogan “A new flavor of Jelly Bean” (A new flavor of Jelly Bean).The first devices have Android 4.2 was the Nexus 4 of LG and Samsung Nexus 10 , which was released on November 13, 2012 and a little later would receive the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.
The new features incorporated in the latest version of Android available were:
- Creating 360 º panoramic photos with Photo Sphere.
- with writing slide (Swype style)
- Changes in the lock screen as widget support and ability to slide to directly access the camera.
- always active.
- Confirmation when sending SMS Premium .
- New SELinux security method.
- direct access notifications from notification bar or two fingers sliding this down.
- Screen Saver “ Daydream ” when the terminal is connected to a dock or inactive.
- access accounts (for tablets)
- Support (Support Miracast)
- New Watch With World Clock, Stopwatch and countdown timer.
- New gestures and accessibility for the blind.
- the same interface regardless of the device or screen size.
- Details extensible notifications without having to enter the application to display the news.
week of its release was issued a new update (4.2.1) that solved small a number of errors as a problem in the contacts application and add the possibility of using devices via bluetooth as joysticks or gamepads as supported devices.
On 11 February it issued the 4.2.2 update which included a series of improvements and fixes:
style=”line-height: 13px;”> Fixed an audio streaming via Bluetooth.
We’ve been down that have been Android versions today. Hopefully version 4.3 will come soon and continue to improve at this rate!brake Stresses that Google has been releasing new versions reducing the initial problem that caused a rapid release of new versions (for the urgent pointer have an operating system adapted to the needs of a market in a few years has advanced almost any other) Let’s hope the future is better in every way.
And you, what do you expect the future of Android?
The Free Android
June 16, 2013