A visual delight.
There are impressive works and Emmanuel Lubeski . And this is not an exaggeration above if we stop a moment to remember his wonderful work for the big screen. Mexican photographer is about to make history at the Oscars 2016 because, winning, is would place as the only photographer to win three Academy awards consecutively .
remember that this time he is nominated for the great movie the Revenant , directed by fellow Mexican Alejandro href=”http://hipertextual.com/tag/alejandro-gonzalez-inarritu” Gonzalez Inarritu who participated in Birdman tape in 2015 swept the 2015 Oscar taking even the statuette Best Picture.
The beginnings of the work of “El Chivo” as is his nickname, it dates back to the mid-eighties. Lubeski is reclusive to grant interviews or provide details of his personal life, so many details are still unknown, even his exact date of birth , however it is known that it was in Mexico City in the year 1964. he studied at the University Center for Cinematographic Studies (CUEC) UNAM.
Your first credit on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) is Vengeance Is Mine 1983 sharing credits with Alfonso Cuaron and Carlos Marcovich . Also with Carlos Marcovich, but in 1985, in the film “Is that why I love her so much.” As his first feature the “Bandits” Luis Estrada tape appears. Thereafter his work has not stopped in all these years, which has been able to work with great directors
Lubeski part in one of the tapes labeled as “New Mexican Cinema”. Only your partner, also of Alfonso Cuarón; Likewise in another renowned film Like Water for Chocolate (1992) Alfonso Arau. Then came his first Oscar nomination with The Little Princess (1995) also under the direction of Alfonso Cuarón
The following films in which he participated are:.
- A walk in the clouds (1995), directed by Alfonso Arau
- the Birdcage (1996), directed by Mike Nichols
- Great Expectations (1998), Alfonso Cuarón
- Meet Joe Black (1998), Martin Brest
- Sleepy Hollow (1999), Tim Burton
- Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her (2000), Rodrigo Garcia
- Y Tu Mama Tambien (2001), Alfonso Cuarón
- Ali (2201), Michael Mann
- From Mesmer, with love or Tea for two (2002), short film directed by Salvador Aguirre, Alejandro Lubezki
- Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat (2003), Bo Welch
- The Assassination of Richard Nixon (2004) by Niels Mueller
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004), by Brad Silberling
- The New World (2005) Terrence Malick
- Children of Men (2006), Alfonso Cuaron
- to Each His Own cinema ou Ce petit coup au coeur et quand la lumière s’éteint film that will commence (2007), Theodoros Angelopoulos
- Burn After Reading (2008) of the brothers Coen
- the Tree of Life (2011), Terrance Malick
- to the Wonder (2012), Terrance Malick
- Gravity (2013) Alfonso Cuarón
- Birdman (2014), directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
- Last Days in the Desert (2015) Rodrigo Garcia
- Knight of Cups (2015), Terrance Malick
- The Revenant (2015), Alejandro González Iñárritu
the first loan shares Emmanuel Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu is in the film for Nike for the World Cup 2010 called: Write the Future
After the first Oscar nomination for his work on “the Little Princess”, return to the finery of the Academy awards in the same category for Sleepy Hollow 1995. his name on the big Oscar night It would be present in later years for his work on the following tapes:
- the New World – Nomination
- Children of Men – Nomination
- Tree of Life – Nomination
- Gravity – Winner
- Birdman – Winner
More than the Oscars
that is why we said that winning the statuette in these Oscars 2016 would make history and on the list of those who have gotten peculiar things in Academy awards. On the other hand, the great work of Emmanuel has achieved other important awards and nominations as at the BAFTA Awards, the British Film Academy, where the prize for Best Cinematography was by Children of Men, Gravity, Birdman and The Revenant . Also in the Awards of the American Society of Cinematographers honored for his work in these three films and also for Tree of Life, as well as a nomination for Sleepy Hollow.
No less important are their recognitions at the Critics’ Choice Movie awards; Lubeski was awarded by The Tree of Life, Gravity, Birdman and The Revenant . As we can see there is a work around and praised by almost all photography. No need to be an accomplished film critic (whatever that means) to recognize and enjoy the impressive work of this photographer. Href=”https://www.instagram.com/chivexp/” your account Instagram least nothing turns us away with its exquisite aesthetic and powerful portraits and atmospheres.