- Samsung is considering removing the charger from the box of their smartphones
Samsung might be considering taking a drastic measure to cut costs: to exclude the loaders of the components of the boxe...
last year, Google launched its plan to improve the performance and security Android demanding that developers optimize their applications to at least the penultimate version of your operating system. It is for this reason that from November last year all new applications and updates that are coming through Google Play must be optimized for Android Oreo.
well, now the Google Play team gives details about deadlines and new requirements to 2019. This year there will also be requirements for other app stores and new security warning for applications of older versions.
Requirements of Google Play for 2019
we Start with the deadlines and requirements of the own store of Google Play Store. To provide the best security and user experience by the end of 2019 the store will not accept applications and updates that are not optimized at least for Android 9 Foot. For those dates will already be in the Android market 10 Q. The terms are the following:
- August, 2019: the new applications will need to be optimized, Android-9 API (28) or higher.
- November, 2019: the updates of the existing applications will have to be optimized, Android-9 API (28) or higher.
Like last year, the existing applications that receive no updates are not affected and can continue to download from the Play Store.
Applications distributed through other stores.
Google wants the apps to download by users are optimized for the latest versions of Android, regardless of where you are downloads. It is for this reason that from this year the app stores of Huawei, OPPO, Vivo, Xiaomi, Baidu, Alibaba and Tencent, will require that the applications are pointing to the API 26 (Android 8.0) or higher.
New warning on Google Play, Protect
Google has found that more than 95% of the spyware that is distributed outside of the Play Store uses the API 22 (Android 5.1 Lollipop) or less to avoid permits run-time. To prevent the installation of applications from versions a very old operating system, Google Play Protect will warn users when they try to install an APK that has an API, antigua. The deadlines for the deployment of this innovation are:
- August, 2019: the new applications will receive warnings during the installation if you are not using the API 26 (Android Oreo) or higher. If we have the developer options enabled you will see the warning before August.
- November, 2019: new versions of existing applications will receive warnings during the installation if you do not use the API 26 (Android Oreo) or higher.
- 2020 onwards: the requirement of API level will advance annually.
In older versions of Android, Google Play Protect will display this warning if we try to install an application that is optimized for a previous version of our operating system. For example, in Android 6.0 Marshmallow (API 23) we display the warning if we try to install an application that is optimized for the API 22 or less, or Android 8.0 Oreo (API 26) if we try to install an application that is optimized for the API 25 or lower.
Via | Android Developers
we Also recommend
The news The requirements of Google Play for 2019: optimized apps for Android Foot and new security warning was originally published in Xataka Android by Cosmos .
February 22, 2019
- ← Nintendo of America Präsident Reggie Fils-Aime in den Ruhestand im April
- Thimbleweed Park for free in the Epic Games Store; coming soon Slime Rancher →