Although we are in the era of Samsung Galaxy S3 today there are a lot of users Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000).
probably Samsung has abandoned them with updates, so here AndroidZone will see how to apply the update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean so they can have the latest Android experience.
Note: Before continuing with this tutorial, keep in mind that this is an unofficial ROM, so applying the update you will lose your warranty. On the other hand, will need to get root access , for which you can follow this tutorial: Root Samsung Galaxy S
- All data such as contacts, SMS, photos, music and videos will be deleted if they are stored in the phone. Please do not do a backup of the data with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (. SBU) sometimes have problems in restoring or recognize the phone. Therefore, we strongly recommend you backup contacts and SMS will perform the following steps:
- SMS – Use “SMS Backup and Restore application
- Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application
- Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to SD card
- To note the APN settings and MMS Applications> Settings> Wireless & networks>, Mobile networks> APN
- Make sure all security solutions such as firewalls, antivirus and application KIES close completely until the firmware update is complete.
- Note that you have to charge your phone at least 60% of battery to ensure it will not interrupt the update.
- Never interrupt the firmware update process manually, in case, if it is interrupted by power failure then no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions only from the beginning.
- is very important that you make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone. You must also enable the USB port which means that you must have read / write to the firmware can be applied successfully. To do this go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging . Note that the phone must be disconnected from the computer when you do this step.
- This process should be carried out only on the Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000) and not on other versions.
Update Samsung Galaxy S to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean
AndroidZone should be noted that since we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device during this process. It acts at your own risk.
1 – After root access, you have to start downloading the ROM of and Google apps package from 2 – After downloading the file, connect your Galaxy S Sasmung to your PC using the original USB cable and place the firmware file in the root of the SD card.
3 – Next, unplug the phone and turn it off to go into recovery mode. With the Galaxy S off you have to hold down the Volume Down button + middle button and simultaneously press Power .
4 – Once your Samsung Galaxy S is in recovery mode, connect the device to your computer using the original USB cable. and select “Wipe data / factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” .
5 – Then select “install zip from sd card”, Jelly Bean selected 4.2.2 ROM you downloaded in step 1 and give Start .
6 – Once the firmware has been successfully updated, press “Go Back” and then “Reboot System now” .
7 – Ready! You can enjoy Jelly Bean Android 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S
notice any performance improvement? Tell us your experiences in the comments!
Phoneia.com (February 18, 2013). Tutorial: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Recovered from https://phoneia.com/en/tutorial-upgrade-samsung-galaxy-s-to-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean/