- Apple Watch and a beautiful Longvadon Caiman Series Watch Band
Longvadon Men's Caiman Series Watch Band Apple Watch is the first smartwatch of the bitten apple...
With services hacked every few weeks is more important than ever to keep our protected logins
The news of a website in trouble after having done Public million logins users because of a hacking are our daily bread. No matter if the “hackers” go to a website to full or si van behind us, If you use the same password everywhere they are putting a red carpet . But do not just use the same password also must be strong passwords at least 15 characters and mixing uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and letters (and even some symbol). The problem is that a number of growing accounts, today is almost impossible to remember one of these different passwords for each service.
This is where came into play a few years ago managers password. Applications that handle stored in a database encrypted all our logins so that we only have to remember one password. And King is undoubtedly 1Password , which thanks to its encryption security, availability on multiple platforms, extent, timing and design is unrivaled.
Still and, if passwords have 30 characters pronounce it impossible not enough, in recent years it has appeared a new security option: two-step verification . A system whereby three elements need to know to log: user, password and a temporary code that expires every 30 seconds and sends the service to our phone or app as Google Authenticator. What few people know is that 1Password also supports this safety , so you can still use a single app to keep safe our digital keys. And thanks to 1Password syncs via iCloud, these temporary keys are available on all devices where we have installed the app
The configuration process can not be easier:
- The first thing we need is 1Password for Mac or buying the Pro version of iOS .
- We access the web service you want to enable two-step verification.
- We follow all the steps and when we of the option must choose “Use application” (or similar) instead of receiving an SMS to your mobile phone.
- After selecting the option will see a QR code that we must scan with 1Password. To do this we must access the service entry and click “Edit”.
- If you are in iOS and have purchased the Pro version iAP see a button that says “Add new temporary password “. If we are Mac we add a new “Section” (the name is our thing) and in the context menu that appears at the end of the field choose “temporary password”.
- Once we do, we will see a button appears in the shape of QR code. We have to press it and point it at the QR code that has given us the service. In the case of IOS just have to point the camera to the computer screen, while Mac a floating window that we have to place on that QR appear.
- Once detected the QR code, start 1Password generate temporary passwords (the app warns us of what is left of life). It is important that, to complete the process, introduce one of these temporary passwords in service where we turned to check that everything works as it should.
As you can see the process is really simple and can be done in a couple of minutes. A few minutes we can save many headaches over time. The app is compatible with all services and sites with two-step verification using the standard system . In the case of Apple ID (iCloud, App Store …) we can not use 1Password, since instead of giving us the option to use an app to generate these codes Apple used directly iOS for this task, so do not need any app.
Can you download 1Password for iOS on the App Store for free (in-app purchase of the Pro version costs € 5.99). You can also find the version of OS X on the Mac App Store by 29,99€.
October 19, 2015
- ← Bethesda video shows how they created the dog Fallout 4
- A foot music instrument: theremin history →