This evening has taken place the awarding ceremony of the winners of the 71st edition of the Festival de Cannes. the Hirokazu Kore-Eda has been the big winner of the night by winning the Golden Palm for ‘Shoplifters’ (‘Manbiki kazoku’). It is the fifth time that the director presented a title to contest. Previously had already achieved the Great Prize of the Jury in 2013 for ‘like father, like son’ (‘Soshite chichi ni naru’).
in Addition, the jury led by Cate Blanchett has awarded the prize to the best direction to Pawel Pawlikowski by ‘Cold War’, while the awards of interpretation have been at the hands of Marcello Fonte by ‘Dogman’ and Samal Yeslyamova by ‘ayka’s’. As every year, the trophy has been very divided. I leave you with the full list of winners of the Cannes film Festival, 2018:
- The NASA and SpaceX, the company Elon Musk s...
- It can feel odd, that as a non-profit organi...
- The family of Chris Oberth, a developer who ...
- Golden Palm: ‘Shoplifters’, Hirokazu Kore-Eda
- Grand jury prize: ‘BlacKkKlansman’, Spike Lee
- Best performance female: Samal Yeslyamova by ‘ayka’s’
- Best male performance: Marcello Fonte ‘Dogman’
- Best director: Pawel Pawlikowski for ‘Cold War’
- Best screenplay: shared by ‘3 Faces’ and ‘Lazzaro Felice’
- Prize of the jury: ‘Capernaum’, in Nadine Labaki
- Best short film: ‘All These Creatures’, Charles Williams
- Golden Camera (Best first film): ‘Girl’, Lukas Dhont
- Golden Palm Special: ‘Le Livre d Images’, Jean-Luc Godard
- FIPRESCI: ‘Burning’, Lee Chang-Dong
un CERTAIN REGARD
- Prize of un Certain Regard: ‘Border’, Ali Abbasi
- Prize of the Jury: ‘The Death and the Others’, João Salaviza and Renée Nader Messora
- Best director: Sergei Loznitsa for ‘Donbass’
- Best performances: JVictor Polster for ‘Girl’
- Best screenplay: Meryem Benm”barek-Aloïsi for ‘Sofia’
- FIPRESCI Prize: ‘Girl’, Lukas Dhont
CRITICS ‘ WEEK
- the Grand Prix Nespresso, the Week of the Criticism: ‘Diamantino’, by Gabriel Abrantes and Daniel Schmidt
- Award, Gan Foundation to the Distribution: ‘Sir’, of Rohena Gera
- SACD Prize: ‘Woman at War’, in Benedikt Erlingsson and Ólafur Egill Egilsson
- Award, Gan Foundation for the best interpretation: Felix Maritaud by ‘Sauvage’
- Prix Canal + Short film: ‘Wedding Day’, Elias Belkeddar
- Award Louis Roeder Foundation Revelation short Films: ‘Hector Malot: The Last Day of the Year’, Jacqueline Lentzou
DIRECTORS ‘ FORTNIGHT
- Art Cinema Award: ‘Climax’, of Gaspar Noé
- Europa Cinemas Label Award: ‘Lucia’s Grace’, by Gianni Zanasi
- SACD Prize: ‘En Liberté’, Pierre Salvadori
- Prix Illy for Best short film: ‘Skip Day’, Ivete Lucas, and Patrick Bresnan
- FIPRESCI Award: ‘One Day’, Zsófia Szilàgyi
- First prize: ‘The summer of the lion power’, of Diego Lawns
- Second prize: ‘Calendar’, Poplauhin, and ‘The Storms in Our Blood’, Shen Di
- Third prize: ‘Inanimate’, Lucia Bulgheroni
it is striking that not even the presence of women predominant in the jury has served to reward another director. Recall that Sofia Coppola made history last year by becoming the second woman to achieve this. Beyond that, there are two awards received by Lukas Dhont with ‘Girl’, including best opera prima. Sure that we come back to see him in the next editions.
In Espinof: Cannes 2018 | Conclusions and the ten best films of the festival
Image | Cannes film Festival
we Also recommend
The news Winners of Cannes 2018: Hirokazu Kore-Eda wins the Golden Palm for ‘Shoplifters’ was originally published in Espinof by Mikel Zorrilla .