'Le Mans 66' launches its trailer final: James Mangold directs Matt Damon and Christian Bale in a biopic about the duel Ford vs. Ferrari
There are many reasons why men commit more crimes than women, and most are explained from a social point of view. Sociologists and criminologists investigate and study this phenomenon for decades.
Since I was a kid had a total fascination with criminals in movies and good, popular culture. Thieves in Home Alone, the Dalton brothers Lucky Luke, Freddy Krueger, the killing of Texas, the other, and that too. With honorable exceptions all were bad men . Something that did not bother me because movies also men were heroes, so everything stayed balanced, and my little mind, quiet.
Gradually grow and look like stop thieves, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, cheaters, etc. and most of the time what you see on the news is a man doing the walk to the door of the police or the courts. may from time to time, Spain at least, saw a folk who had failed to pay some money to someone, but they were sporadic things
the statistics do not lie. most crimes and crimes are committed by men, violent crime the difference is even more . The prisons are full of men where the statistic is more twisted: make on average more severe crimes, they put more time in prison and thus disrupt the mix of prison population at a given time Mires in the country. society you look, the crimes are mostly committed by men forever.
Why.? Are we worse people than women? No response seems a worthy response. Maybe for some hormonal or genetic component? Does perhaps more testosterone? Either … it is how we organize ourselves as a society? There may be the answer.
“Men and women kill different,” explains Ricardo Magaz , professor of Criminal Phenomenology and popular author, Hypertext. “For men there is a more pronounced tendency to physical violence, there is less self-control, is more impulsive,” he says. “But women are more subtle, more calculators. They use less direct physical violence,” he explains under more anthropological terms. “It’s a question of the role as well as genetics.”
Focusing on who commits crimes, and not on who suffers traditionally criminology many reasons but generally research shuffled in gender differences in this scientific section have been insufficient. 2006 Berklnap and Holsinger “The Gendered Nature of Risk Factors for Delinquency” talked about the issue openly. An interesting historical perspective here are Fuller (2007) as well as an aggregate of comments on it by … Rodriguez (2009) . The field of criminology was based on research on boys and men, and that caused some commit crimes against others who did not.
Men are more exposed since childhood that women crimes
Among men and women, the consensus is on the differences exhibition protective factors and risk in men and women at an early age. Fagan et al (2007) “Adolescent Fathers’ Parenting Stress, social Support, and Involvement With Infants “affect it. Study on young men and women exposed to 22 risk factors or differentiated protection, discover that it is the overall incidence of exposure to risk factors, much higher than boys, just tipping the balance , causing higher crime rates among men. These factors include: attitudes pro-pro-crime and drug use in the family, as well as individually and among friends, and potential rewards for crime
line why. is masculine and what is criminal is very thin, while the criminal values are the antithesis of what is considered feminine
in 1996, Gender and Crime. Toward a Theory of Gendered female offending Steffensmeier and Allan examined in depth the motives as men and women react differently in response to social structures that categorize and define. Divided into several areas: the organization of gender, the motivation for the crime, the opportunities for crime, the context of the offense and the physical and biological factors. In them, the scholars found not only that these “areas of life” tend to inhibit the female crime but also to promote male.
1. crimes committed by women are both inhibited and molded two adjectives associated with women : obligations of their role (daughter, wife, mother, etc.) and the presumption of feminine care; as well as expectations of feminine beauty and sexual virtue. These two cases create limitations on opportunities to commit crimes by women. The most obvious example would be the obligations towards children in childhood. The line of what is masculine and what is criminal is very thin, while the criminal values are the antithesis of what is considered feminine.
2. During the formative years, the ability and motivation to commit crimes by women is restricted by social control . The girls have to be monitored more closely and are away from bad behavior. This continues into adulthood, where women make decisions is more subject to monitoring by their environments.
3. different jobs where men are most also create differences . Not only in places where there is more capacity to transport (truck drivers, dock workers, etc) that create opportunities for smuggling, theft, etc. We also reduced exposure of women in senior positions limits the female crime in areas such as financial fraud or corruption .
Have opportunity to commit the crime is the main reason for its commission , and women have fewer opportunities
Criminals of both genders tend to be attracted to crimes that are within their skills, benefit from low risk and have a reasonable reward. Men take risks for reasons other than women (Hagan and Steffensmeier, 1983; Steffensmeier and Allan, 1996). Men do it to gain competitive advantage and create better status , both acts that at times can be acquired through criminal conduct. While women take more risks by focusing on the personal relationships of their loved ones. That does not remove some women from crimes, serving as reinforcing bad decisions -cometer one crime- by men.
4. The divergence between -real levels of physical strength and perceived-of men and women creates another disadvantage for women in the criminal world, which rewards physical challenges and violence . The reasons for the preference of muscle strength are clear, and eliminate many women who, in other ways, be part of the group that commits the crime.
February 3, 2016
- ← Microsoft closes the circle with Swiftkey, the smartest keyboard for smartphones
- 20 GIFs for science lovers, explained →
Next Random post