- The biggest animals in the world
The world of nature is too magical and surprising. It is quite interesting to analyze the curiosities of the creatures t...
One of the most traditional and popular side dishes in Latin American countries is white rice. However, from time to time we may feel the need to add some creativity to our kitchen. In this case green rice can be a fun, original, inexpensive and nutritious way to vary our menu.
A delicious dish
For its preparation we will need some ingredients and elements that will not be difficult to get. In this sense, to prepare our green rice we will need:
- 1 cup rice (not parvoured)
- 2 cups water
- 1 handful spinach
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
We will also need:
- 1 medium pot
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 blender
- 1 colander
- 1 chopping board
- 1 mortar or lightning
Once we have our ingredients and elements we will proceed with the preparation, which consists of the following steps:
1) Select the best leaves of your spinach, until you have formed a handful of them, remove the stem and proceed to wash them very well, to clean them of pesticides, traces of soil or other impurities that they may have.
2) Once washed, place them in the blender with a cup of water. Liquefied until a green liquid with very few traces of leaves. Keep this preparation aside.
3) Chop the garlic into very small pieces or if you prefer to crush it into the mortar or ráyalo.
4) Wash the mushrooms very well in order to remove traces of soil and other impurities from them. Once washed, proceed to fillet the mushrooms.
5) Place the pot on the heat, on a very short flame. Pour the teaspoon of vegetable oil into it, and wait for it to heat up. Once this has happened, add the crushed garlic, as well as the pinch of pepper, and wait for it to saute a little, so that they release their species into the oil.
6) Before the garlic starts to brown, add the mushrooms to the pot, and stir, with the wooden spoon, to sauté with the pepper and garlic.
7) When the mushrooms have started to run off their juice, add the rice cup, which should also be very well washed, taking great care that it is not well drained, in order to avoid as much as possible a reaction between the water and the hot oil.
8) Once you have added the rice, mix with your wooden spoon, rice with mushrooms.
9) Before the rice is roasted, measure a cup of your spinach preparation, and add it to your preparation. Mix with your wooden spoon. If you have some leftovers of the prepared mixture, measure another cup of it and add it to your rice, if the leftover does not occupy a cup, complete with water until you get the measure, incorporate it into the rice. As with white rice, this preparation involves proportions of twice as much water for the rice to be cooked. That is: one cup of rice for two of water / two cups of rice for four of water / three cups of rice for six water.
10) Add a teaspoon of salt and mix. Let it cook over low heat.
11) When the water has reduced to slightly below the level of the rice on the surface, proceed to cover your preparation.
12) It is important not to neglect your rice at this time, as it will only take a few more minutes for it to be ready.
13) Once you’ve checked that the water in your preparation is completely reduced, you can turn it off before it starts to stick to the pot.
And already, you have a rich and fun side dish to accompany your meats or vegetables, and thus offer a delicious option for your guests or family.
Image source: lacocinademarcela.com
August 22, 2019