Android enthusiasts and regular readers of Phoneia, rejoice! Android 4.2 brings a significant update to the camera application, enhancing your photography and image management experience. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the exciting features of the updated camera and gallery applications, especially catering to rooted Android users with custom recoveries. Let’s unlock the full potential of Android 4.2!
Discover the Enhanced Camera Application
The Android 4.2 update introduces an overhauled camera application that offers a host of new features and improvements. Here’s what you can expect:
1. Fresh Settings Interface: The camera’s settings interface has received a makeover, providing a more intuitive and user-friendly experience. Navigating through camera settings becomes smoother, allowing you to customize your photography preferences effortlessly.
2. Revamped Gallery Interface: Not only has the camera received an upgrade, but the gallery application also sports a fresh look. It adopts a style reminiscent of Google+ and offers a more streamlined and visually appealing way to browse and manage your photos.
3. Photo Sphere – Capture Spherical Images: One of the standout features in Android 4.2’s camera app is Photo Sphere. With this innovative capability, you can capture images in a spherical format, immersing viewers in a unique and immersive visual experience. It’s like having your personal panoramic photographer right in your pocket.
4. Built-in Photo Editor: Android 4.2 goes a step further by including a built-in photo editor within the gallery application. Now, you can enhance your photos directly on your device. Rotate, apply effects, crop, or add trendy filters to your images without the need for third-party apps.
For Rooted Users: Installing the Updated Camera and Gallery
If you’re the proud owner of a rooted Android device with a custom recovery installed, you’re in luck. Installing the updated camera and gallery applications is a straightforward process. Follow these steps:
1. Download the Camera App: Begin by downloading the camera app.
2. Transfer the File: Once the download is complete, transfer the downloaded file to your device’s storage. Make sure you remember the location where you save it for easy access during installation.
3. Boot into Recovery Mode: Power off your Android device and boot it into recovery mode. The exact method for entering recovery mode may vary depending on your device’s make and model. Refer to your device’s documentation or online resources for specific instructions.
4. Install or Flash the Zip File: From the recovery menu, select the option to install or flash a zip file. This action will prompt you to choose the file you want to install.
5. Locate the Downloaded File: Navigate to the directory where you placed the downloaded camera app file. Once you’ve located it, select the file to initiate the installation process.
6. Confirm Installation: Confirm the installation process by following the on-screen prompts. Depending on your recovery, you may need to swipe to confirm the installation.
7. Reboot Your Device: Once the installation is successful, reboot your Android device. When it boots up, you should have the updated camera and gallery application with all the new features and improvements at your fingertips.
If you’re new to the world of rooting, don’t worry. You can visit root pages for comprehensive information and guides on the rooting process. Alternatively, you can patiently await the official Android 4.2 update, which should be rolling out to various devices soon.
Embrace the Enhanced Camera and Gallery Experience
With the updated camera and gallery applications in Android 4.2, you’ll enjoy an enhanced photography and image management experience. Whether you’re capturing stunning spherical images with Photo Sphere or fine-tuning your photos with the built-in editor, Android 4.2 empowers you to unleash your creativity. For rooted users, the installation process is accessible and rewarding, ensuring you have access to all the latest features. Stay tuned for more updates and make the most of your Android device’s capabilities!
Phoneia.com (October 31, 2012). Download the application and the camera / gallery Android 4.2 [Root]. Recovered from https://phoneia.com/en/download-the-application-and-the-camera-gallery-android-4-2-root/