The mode in which we connect to a Wifi connection is almost always the same: look for it among the available networks which we want to connect and after typing in your password, if necessary. However, sometimes you might need to configure the connection manually.
This is especially necessary if the Wifi connection to which you are connecting has the hidden SSID, although it will also help if you need to establish beforehand some specific settings before you connect. This is how you can set up a Wifi connection manuelmente in your Android mobile.
1. Add a new connection
The first step is to go to the settings Wifi. You can get there from the settings of Android, although it is faster to make a long touch on the quick setting for Wifi. This opens directly to the section of Wifi connections to Android, where you must tap Add network.
note that the menus change slightly of a layer of customization for Android to another. This button to add Wi-fi network can be a button or be hidden in a menu in some layers.
2. Name and security
The first thing that you need to configure to add a Wifi network manually it is network name or, what is the same, your SSID. You must enter it as is, respecting the uppercase and lowercase letters of the access point or router.
Another important detail to configure is security type: WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK, 802.1 x EAP, or other possibilities that could show up in different versions of Android, and layers. To a Wifi network without a password you choose Any, while those that are protected need to specify the type of security and add the password. If you don’t know the type of encryption and has a password, the more likely it is that it is WPA/wPA2 PSK, then WEP encryption have long ago ceased to be safe.
3. Advanced options
With the above data will be sufficient in the great majority of cases, but if the Wifi connection has specific requirements, you can indicate playing in advanced Options. This displays additional options that, generally, you do not need to change. There are four:
- metered. Is used to indicate that the Wifi connection is not unlimited use, but you will pay for the extra usage of data. For example, because you’re using another cell to create the point of access. When activated, Android will limit the use of the network in compatible applications.
- Proxy. Allows you to to configure a proxy server to use in this connection.
- IP Settings. Here you can leave the IP mode to automatic (DHCP) or set a manual IP. In this case, you will need to enter the IP address, gateway, network prefix length, and the two DNS addresses.
- Network is hidden. Here you can determine if the connection has its SSID hidden or not.
When finished, tap on Save and your manual will be recorded in the system. If it is a connection with the SSID visible, it will automatically connect when in range. If not, you’ll have to connect manually by tapping on it.
we Also recommend
The news How to manually configure the WiFi connection to a Android mobile was originally published in Xataka Android by Ivan Ramirez .
June 10, 2019
- ← Essay about the Discovery of America
- ‘Dune’ will also have tv series with Denis Villeneuve behind the camera →